Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas Movie Marathon


The last day of school before Christmas break, usually December 23, is basically a waste of a school day. We do nothing in class but eat candy and talk about what we hope to see under the tree Christmas morning. Since my friends and I usually hang out after school on half days, this day of my sophmore year was no different. Two of my best friends and I headed back to my friend Becca's house. We had nothing to do but we were excited for the holidays, so we decided to watch a movie that my other friend Rebecca had never seen, Elf. If you have never seen it.. please go watch it right now. It is so funny. It has Will Ferrell as a human who grew up in the North Pole and heads to New York to find his father. After the movie was over, we kept quoting our favorite parts and laughing nonstop. We decided to watch it again to make it even better. Of course it was even funnier the second time. Pretty much we stayed up all night eating food and watching the same movie over and over again. We threw some other Christmas movies and finally went to bed around 4 am. The next day was Christmas Eve and I know I always have trouble falling asleep because of the anticipation of the next day, so our movie marathon made it easy for me to fall asleep. The next year we made it a tradition. The CMM. This time we invited a big group of people and watched a lot of different movies. We kept it going and have been doing it for 3 years. This is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. It's where my friends and I exchange our gifts and have our little holiday get together before everyone leaves for vacation or goes off to see their relatives. It is a tradition that I hope carries on for a long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can definitely relate to a story like this. The last day of school before christmas was always a joke. Everyone just sits around, the teachers give out candy and you just sit and joke around with your friends. It's so fun. Also, Elf is one of my favorite movies, probably because Christmas is my favorite time of year. It's so funny, it has so many lines to quote that make me laugh, and no matter what time of year I watch it, it always puts me in the Christmas mood.

Beata said...

I like how you created the tradition with your friends to watch movies prior to Christmas Eve!